4 - 6 servings
- 1 bunch Dutch carrots, trimmed, washed and peeled
- 1 bunch purple carrots, trimmed, washed and peeled
- 3 medium parsnips, trimmed and peeled
- 2 red onions, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 bulb garlic, halved crossways
- 1½ tbs olive oil
- ½ tsp harissa paste
- 100g Persian feta, drained and crumbled
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
- *Harissa is a spicy North African-style red paste made from chillies, garlic, coriander, cumin and dried mint. It’s available from most supermarkets.
STEP 1 Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
STEP 2 Halve larger carrots and cut parsnips into lengths about the thickness of the carrots. Arrange carrots, parsnips, onions and garlic on the baking tray. Drizzle olive oil over vegetables and sprinkle with harissa paste. Lightly toss to coat vegetables. Roast, turning once, for 35-40 minutes or until tender.
STEP 3 Arrange vegetables on a serving platter. Sprinkle with feta, pomegranate and coriander leaves. Eat hot or at room temperature.
Recipe by http://www.sydneymarkets.com.au