- 1 tbs coconut or peanut oil
- 1 tbs finely grated fresh turmeric root (about 2-3 bulbs)
- 4cm piece ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 long red red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, roughly torn
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2-3 tsp palm sugar or brown sugar
- 2 bunches baby bok choy, leaves separated
- 300g tofu, drained and cut into cubes
- 1 tbs lime or lemon juice
STEP 1 Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add turmeric, ginger and garlic and cook, stirring, for a few seconds. Add chilli, kaffir lime leaves, stock and sugar. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
STEP 2 Stir in bok choy and tofu. Cover and cook for 2 minutes or until leaves wilt. Stir through lime juice. Ladle into bowls and serve.
Wear disposable gloves when preparing the turmeric as it stains your skin. To remove any stains on skin, rub with sugar and a little water.
Recipe by http://www.sydneymarkets.com.au