- 270g pkt dried ramen noodles*
- 1 tbs grape seed or rice bran oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 green onions (shallots), trimmed and sliced + extra to serve
- 1 long red chilli, halved lengthways, deseeded and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup miso paste
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 300g mixed Asian mushrooms**, slice larger mushrooms
- 3 stems kale (about 100g), trimmed and roughly shredded
- 300g firm tofu, drained and cut into cubes
- Shiso micro-herbs, to serve (optional)
- *Ramen noodles – are available in Asian food shops and some supermarkets. Use egg noodles or soba noodles if preferred.
- ** Exotic mushrooms include shiitake, oyster, shemeji and enoki.
STEP 1 Cook the noodles following packet directions. Drain and set aside. Wipe pan dry.
STEP 2 Heat oil in the large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, green onions and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add miso paste and cook for a few seconds. Stir in stock, cover and bring to the boil.
STEP 3 Add mushrooms, kale and tofu. Cover and simmer for 2- 3 minutes until kale wilts and mushrooms are just tender. Divide noodles among 4 serving bowls. Ladle broth mixture over noodles. Top with extra sliced green onions and micro-herbs (if using) and serve.
Recipe by http://www.sydneymarkets.com.au