Not only do they taste really nice, but did you know that olives have a huge number of health benefits for you too?
Here are some interesting olive health facts:
– Olives eliminate excess cholesterol in the blood.
– Olives control blood pressure.
– Olives are a source of dietary fibre as an alternative to fruits and vegetables.
– Olives are a great source of Vitamin E
– Olives act as an antioxidant, protecting cells
– Olives reduce the effects of degenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s, benign and malignant tumours, including less serious varicose veins and cavities
– Olives help prevent blood clots that could lead to a myocardial infarction or deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
– Olives protect cell membranes against diseases like cancer
– Olives are a great protection against anaemia
– Olives enhances fertility and reproductive system
– Olives play an important role in maintaining a healthy immune system, especially during oxidative stress and chronic viral diseases
– And just in case these benefits weren’t enough, they are also a great aphrodisiac.
– Olives are nutritious and rich in mineral content as sodium, potassium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus and iodine
– Olives provide essential vitamins and amino acids.
– Olives contain oleic acid, which has beneficial properties to protect the heart.
– Olives contain polyphenols, a natural chemical that reduce oxidative stress in the brain. So by eating a daily serving of olives helps improve your memory by up to 25%.
– Just one cup of olives is a great source of iron – 4.4mg.
– Eating olives can improve the appearance of wrinkles by 20% since they contain oleic acid, which keeps skin soft and healthy.
– By eating just 10 olives before a meal, you can reduce your appetite by up to 20%. This is because the monounsaturated fatty acids contained in olives slow down the digestion process and stimulate the hormone cholecystokinin, a hormone that sends messages of fullness to the brain.
– Not only does it do that, but it also helps your body to stimulate the production of adiponectin, a chemical that burns fat for up to five hours after ingestion.